Jauntings of a Bull

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Attaining Bullet Nirvana

People used to quote I have attained Bullet Nirvana and I used to think what the hell it is...like Buddha I attained this in the 5A ride...how? read on...

Was cruising at 100 KMPH from Salem at 1 p.m. in the blazing 40 deg sun. Target was to reach Chennai in 5 to 5.30 hours as I was jittery of riding at night. iPod blazing, singing at top donkey voice here I am riding to glory...dup dup dup....my bull Coughs...I think its my air filter thats been ozzing oil and I reduce the speed ....dup dup dup...again she coughs...THEN REALITY STRIKES...

Was I not supposed to fill Petrol at the Reliance Bunk at Salem???????
OH LORDDDDDDDDDDD...
i didn't....
With all fingers crossed (not literally!) I reach for the Fuel Tap which confirms my HORROR...
the tap scream "I am in RESERVE idiotic bull headed moron"

Sweat sweat sweat every where....heart beat increasing, I look for road signs...its shouts "Next Bunk 5 kms"...time to think...so i cut my speed to a constant 55 KMPH and pat my bull...I appologise to her and promise her a nice bath, Shell Petrol, Mother Shampoo, DuPont Polish, Autosol Chrome, Castrol oil...please take me to the bunk, I cant imagine pushing you at 2 p.m. in the scorching heat with 5 kgs of Mangoes and 10 kgs of Jackfruit tied to you....please please MY RAGING BULL...please don't let me down....dup dup dup.....she coughs but she still pushes... flashback last few times this happened the max she would cough is 3 times before the tank goes dry....back to reality....dup dup dup...the last cough...no sign of Petrol Bunk....the sight of 120 kgs bull with Saddles and 15 kgs of fruit to be pushed on HOT, DRY sun with seething heat waves.....oh my BULL...please...SAVE ME...she still rolls...

dup...dup...dup...HEART STOPS....she is dry oh god....engine dies....my spirit dies, my soul screams, my hearts pounding...she just ambles on because of the speed....spedo at 40..30..20...10...finally she stops.........




RIGHT INFRONT OF A BHARAT PETROLEUM PETROL BUNK...

I just got down...i just kept starring at my Bull, just starring, the Petrol attendend comes rushing,"Sir, any problem?"...no answer from ME...he gives a finger to me and leaves ....i still Stare at my BULL....

I ATTAINED THE BULLET NIRVANA...now she is part of my life and soul!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home